How is it that our Audrey is 9 already? I had a sinking feeling this week as I realized she is halfway to graduation. Time goes too fast!
Audrey has grown into a passionate, caring, artistic, tender hearted, stubborn-at-times, deep thinking young lady. More and more I see that she is growing up and seeing the world through others' perspectives. We are so lucky to be her parents, as she is a pretty fantastic kid!
Our unusual year of 2020 brought a different kind of birthday for Audrey. No big family party, no friends over, no in person school. We tried to make the celebration as special for our sweet girl as we could, and I think we succeeded. When she went to bed that night, she said, "I woke up a little sad today, Mom, because I wasn't sure I would have fun today. I had a great day, though. Thank you." Oh, Audrey.
For this 9th year, Audrey, we wish you confidence. Confidence in knowing your best effort is always enough. Confidence in knowing you're a wonderful person to get to spend time with. Confidence in knowing your curly hair is beautiful and makes you even more awesome! And finally, confidence in trying new things and believing in yourself. You can do it, Aud! We love you.


No comments:
Post a Comment