Audrey was diagnosed with RSV on Thursday. She has been really congested and coughing quite a bit, especially when she first wakes up in the morning. The doctor says it is a mild case, so we are crossing our fingers it stays that way. She has not had a fever at all, so that is a good sign! Our weekend will probably be filled mostly with this:
Our doctor recommended a new way to suction out her nose. It is the grossest, but most effective, method we've tried. One end goes at the base of her nose, and the other end goes in my mouth. It's called a NoseFrida. There is a filter in between, so nothing passes, of course! :) It has worked SO well. Jeremy is completely disgusted by it, so I guess I'm on my own.
Even though she has been sick, she has still been our smiley, happy, beautiful girl! We hope rest this weekend will help her start to improve.
Agh! RSV stinks. I wish I had purchased a Nosefrida - I have heard nothing but great things about them. Hope she feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteGet well soon!
ReplyDeleteOh, dear, so sorry to hear she isn't feeling well. I do appreciate receiving Audrey's blog.
ReplyDelete